Banana Bread is one of those sweet breads that really couple well with several things. I personally love blueberries in my banana bread. I made this bread a little more healthy and that doesn’t mean it is flavorless or nasty. It just means that it has some healthier ingredients when it was made.
I then add 2/3 cup of Blueberry Kiefer, 1/3 cup of melted butter, 1/3 cup of coconut oil, 3/4 cup coconut sugar, 3/4 cup of white sugar, 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla to the smashed bananas and allow the ingredients to get well incorporated.
I add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Do not over mix the batter. I then take 1 healthy cup of blueberries and fold them gently into the batter. You could also add walnuts, I chose not to.
Take 2 loaf pans and grease them lightly and then pour even amounts into the two pans. Bake at 350 for about an hour or until the bread is baked all the way through. I use the tooth pick test method to make sure they are cooked fully.
When they are baked, remove them from the pan and cool on a wire rack or a plate. This is a perfect breakfast to have on hand for those busy mornings or even to enjoy with a friend over a good cup of coffee.
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 2/3 cup Blueberry Kiefer or Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix mashed bananas, Blueberry Kiefer (Greek yogurt), coconut oil and melted butter. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and whole blueberries to the batter and mix them in to distribute evenly through the batter.
- Butter 2 4×8 inch loaf pan. Pour the batter in the pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.